|From the Front Office
We are preparing for 8th grade graduation on June 6th and need your help! If you have an 8th grade student, please send 5-10 pictures of them ranging from when they were a baby to now. Pictures may be brought in person to Sabra or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks, families!
There have been cases of lice in the Shiny Wolves' and Darling Dolphins' classrooms.Annual Head of School SurveyThe ADS Board of Directors conducts an annual survey to solicit feedback in order to evaluate the performance of the Head of School. Please take a few minutes to answer a brief survey about Leigh Moss, ADS Head of School. The survey will be compiled by software and reported to the board in summary form only. Please complete the survey by May 31.
The primary responsibilities for the Head of School can be categorized into:
• Instructional and Educational leadership,
• Community engagement,
• Public accountability and compliance,
• Fiscal management, and
• Grounds, facilities and safety.
While the Head of School may delegate many of the above duties to personnel who possess the leadership and capabilities to perform these duties, the following cannot be delegated by the Head of School and will be performed with diligence and transparency: organization of the charter school's central administration, approval of reports or data submissions required by law, and selection of charter school employees.
Your input in this survey is strictly confidential. A single board member has access to the survey results and shares the report with the board. Comments provided by survey respondents are included in the report to the board anonymously and verbatim.
Your input is important and the board appreciates your participation!
Click here to complete the survey.
Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GJJL28M
From Ms. Elizabeth, your librarian
- Head over to the AISD Performing Arts Center at Mueller on May 19th for the kickoff of the Book People/AISD/Austin Public Library summer reading program! It's a free day of authors such as: Kate DiCamillo, Max Brailler, and Lauren Tarshis. Get more info at www.5bookdive.org.
- The popular Book Swap will return to the library on Friday May 25th from 3-4pm! This is an opportunity for you and your kids to bring in books you no longer want and take books you do. Kids who receive lunch assistance get one free book! I NEED VOLUNTEERS TO HELP WITH THIS FROM 2:30-4:15.
- Get your summer reading and activity books at the Usborne Book Fair on Monday and Tuesday June 4 and 5 from 7:30am-4pm each day! This is probably my favorite fair of the year because of all the quality activity books and coloring books. You can also order online at www.UsborneLink.com/1006870
- All library books are due on Tuesday May 29th, so help your child remember to bring them in. Email me at email@example.com if you'd like to know what your child has checked out.
- I have created a project through DonorsChoose.org that will provide ADS with materials to document our outside classroom activities. Right now it is eligible for matching donations (General Motors is matching 2x all gifts!!!!!!!). Check it out at Citizen Science in Action.