Students at ADS often work in cooperative groups to complete projects or other assignments. Working in small groups on structured activities allows students to:
- share their skills with others and develop skills of their own
- learn to navigate and resolve interpersonal conflicts
- set goals and solve problems
- monitor and assess progress
- celebrate achievements and teamwork
The learning of academic material and self-responsible behavior is assured because teachers utilize methods based upon brain-compatible learning, multiple intelligences, cooperative learning and social development research. The teachers and administrators also work together in supportive groups. They too enjoy the participatory democratic process and creative collegiality.